Roadside Service Benefits from Motorcycle Towing Service (MTS)
Premier Plan (included):
MTS pays the first $300 of a covered disablement. Any overage amount is the responsibility of the member at the time of service. The plan covers 1 registered bike for the base price of $59.95. Additional bikes can be registered by calling 800-999-7064. Each additional bike is $5 per bike per year. Motorcycles must be registered with MTS to be covered. All Motorcycles 1985 and newer are eligible for full coverage. Motorcycles 1984 and older can be listed on a membership and MTS will provide dispatch service for those vehicles; however, the cost of the tow is the responsibility of the member at the time of the tow.
Lost Key Reimbursement
If you need emergency keys made for your motorcycle while you are on a trip of 100 miles or more from your home residence, MTS will reimburse you up to $50 for the cost of the key. A paid receipt must be sent to MTS. Reimbursement will be made within 30 days of receiving the receipt.
Emergency Trip Interruption
If you are riding a covered motorcycle registered with MTS, and are involved in an accident with another vehicle which results in your motorcycle being disabled so that is cannot be safely driven under its own power, MTS will reimburse you up to a maximum of $250 for expenses incurred subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The accident occurred a minimum of 100 miles from your home residence and a written report has been filed with the local or state police.
- MTS will reimburse you up to a maximum total of $250 for any of the following combination of expenses occurring within 72 hours of the time of the accident: commercial transportation (plane, train or bus) or rental car to your residence or local commercial lodging, and meals.
- To obtain reimbursement, you must submit to MTS within 60 days of the accident, all paid receipts from the business providing you with lodging, meals, transportation etc., and a copy of the accident report you filed with the police. This benefit does not and is not intended to replace motorcycle liability and personal insurance. As such, all claims must be first submitted to your insurance company for reimbursement. Those items not covered by your insurance company may then be submitted with the letter of denial from the insurance company and the documentation as previously described for reimbursement.
- Benefits are not applicable if the accident is due to war, insurrection, riot, etc.
The laws of various states require the following disclosure:
- THIS IS NOT AN INSURANCE CONTRACT
- THIS IS NOT A LIABILITY POLICY AND DOES NOT COMPLY WITH ANY FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY BY LAW
- THIS IS NOT AN AUTOMOBILE LIABILITY OR PHYSICAL DAMAGE INSURANCE CONTRACT
Emergency Roadside Service
MTS will dispatch a professional service provider for any covered disablement. If the problem cannot be resolved at your disablement location, the motorcycle, including trailer or sidecar, will be delivered to the nearest motorcycle repair facility or your home (within comparable distance) if requested. If your motorcycle is towed to your home, and a subsequent tow is needed to the repair facility the next day, this would be considered “one tow” and treated as the same occurrence. If the repair facility is closed, we will have your motorcycle stored and delivered to the facility the next day. Towing and emergency roadside coverage is available in all 50 states and Canada.
What Constitutes a Disablement
A disablement is anything that prevents you from being able to safely ride your motorcycle or pull your trailer or sidecar. MTS will pick you up only once for the same disablement in a consecutive 5-day period.
Loaning Your MTS Membership to Another Rider
Your MTS membership covers you and your registered motorcycles. The membership cannot be transferred or used by anyone other than the memberships registered owner.
Change of Motorcycles
You may change your covered motorcycles at any time. This can be done by phone or on the MTS website. If you have changed motorcycles and have not provided MTS with new information, we may refuse coverage at any time for the unregistered motorcycle. If service is refused, the rider can pay COD and send us proof of ownership and receipt for reimbursement. Reimbursement will be made within 30 days from the time of receipt.
If you breakdown and setup your own tow without first contacting MTS for authorization, you will NOT be reimbursed. If you receive authorization, MTS will reimburse you within 30 days from the time we receive a copy of the paid tow receipt from you.
MTS is designed to assist members whose motorcycles, registered with MTS, have become disabled due to unavoidable circumstances. Excessive use due to neglect or failure to repair or replace worn parts can result in cancelation of MTS coverage. MTS reserves the right to determine what constitutes excessive use.
Mishaps / Accidents / Impounds
Mishaps – In the event of a single vehicle mishap (e.g., caused by loose gravel, oil slick, run off the road, etc.) MTS will handle that incident as any other call for roadside assistance.
Multiple Vehicle Accidents – MTS will provide towing for multi-vehicle accidents if MTS is called first. If there are police officers on the scene their tow supersedes MTS towing services.
Impounds – MTS will only provide towing from any impound lot after any and all fees for the impound tow and storage have been paid for by the owner or the owner’s insurance company.
MTS DOES NOT PAY/REIMBURSE FOR POLICE TOWS, IMPOUNDS OR ANY FEES RESULTING FROM THAT IMPOUND.
Refusal of Tow
If you refuse to be picked up by the MTS dispatched towing company, you must call the MTS dispatcher IMMEDIATELY so we can resolve the problem. If not, you will be held responsible for towing charges. If you refuse to pay the towing charges, your MTS coverage will be cancelled.
Leaving Before Help Arrives
If you call MTS for help, but you solve the problem before the towing company arrives and you DO NOT CALL OUR DISPATCHER TO CANCEL THE TOW – YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISPATCH CHARGE. If you do not pay the dispatch charge, your MTS membership will be cancelled.
- MTS is not a repair service nor are we responsible for the repairs to your motorcycle or the quality of the work performed.
- MTS is not an insurance company.
- This is not a liability policy and does not comply with any financial responsibility by law.
- This is not a motorcycle liability of physical damage insurance contract.
- MTS is not responsible for any damage to your motorcycle, trailer, or sidecar by service provider. Each service provider is fully insured. (MTS reserves the right to add, delete or modify any portion of these member benefits at any time without prior notification.)
Emergency Service Plan (Optional)
- Plan can be added for an additional $50 per bike per year by calling 800-999-7064
- Plan must be purchased in conjunction with a VIP membership
- Coverage is in effect for a covered motorcycle disabled 100 miles or more away from your home residence
MTS will reimburse you for 100% of the cost of the following parts should they fail: tires (includes trailers/sidecars), battery, throttle, brake, and clutch cables. MTS does NOT cover any labor costs. Tows for covered items must be arranged through MTS dispatch at time of disablement. All receipts for covered items must be sent to MTS within 30 days of disablement to receive reimbursement.